Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time to Live

So I just got home from Chicago. If I had Blake there, I'm not sure I would have returned. I LOVE Chicago, I want to move there . . . like NOW!! I've already blogged about Chicago once, and also my experiences with the Yoga + Chocolate Workshop and my wonderful class at YogaView Elston. But here's something I haven't blogged about yet: a guy! :-P


So I met up with some people that I met in college, people I haven't seen in probably 3 years.  And it was so nice to see these people! I met up with them at a bar in downtown Chicago. The bar was packed when I got there and I circled around a few times to try and find my friend and that just didn't work. So I took Jen and Stella, the friends I went with, to the bar where I had a really creepy guy hit on me. I kinda just brushed him off. Eventually, as we are getting our drinks, a very short Asian guy comes up to me and tries to hit on me. Totally awkward. Anyways, just as this guy began hitting on me, my guy friend who I was meeting there came up and found me. I totally ran to him and gave him the biggest hug. Talk about perfect timing! 


Anyways, this guy friend of mine became my "boyfriend" for the night. As in, if a guy looked at me the wrong way or tried to hit on me, all it took was my friend coming up to me and putting his arm around me or taking hold of my hand. At one point, I was talking to one of his friends and he came up to me and just grabbed my hand. I just looked at him and smiled. He just kinda held my hand for a while, but I was totally okay with it. It was just kinda nice to hold someone's hand. Eventually, my friend pulled me into him and asked me when I was leaving and I said tomorrow. Then he asked when I was planning on coming back. I asked him why he wanted to know and he simple said, "Because I'd like to take you out on a real date." I was flattered and didn't know what to say except, "Oh, so you want to take me on a real date instead of a 'meet at a bar' date?" He just said that he wanted to take me out on a real date the next time I come into Chicago. 


After thinking about it, I was really shocked that I was just asked out on a date. But shocked in a good way. This is the second guy who has shown interest in me since A (see previous blog) left. And it's really nice. Nice to know that I attract nice guys, because both guys are really wonderful. It's also nice to know that I am living a life that I love and that the right people are falling into it. It's nice to be able to let go, let go of A and finally realize that I can be happy without him. Finally realize that maybe we just weren't meant for each other because we are truly meant for someone else. I have no idea who my someone else is, but I guess that's part of the fun! 


Live the life you love, love the life you live, and everything else will fall into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment