Monday, May 21, 2012

You Only Have ONE Life

For whatever reason, I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately. I'm not sure if it's that I just went to an amazing yoga conference or that I've had some eye opening experiences, but it's been a very reflective time. 


I had an epiphany the other day when a friend of mine said, "I wish I had your life!" My initial response was, "No, no you don't." Then I took a second to think about it. I do have a pretty awesome life. I don't have a 9-5 job, which totally doesn't suit me at all. Instead, I have a job where the things I say could make people's day, or at least make them think and I have the ability to maybe make a difference, and to hand people their own asses on a yoga mat. This job doesn't even feel like work because it's really all play. Just when I think that I don't want to go to work, I start teaching, and I'm so grateful to be there. Outside of work, I have the greatest and most amazing friends and family in the world. A person couldn't ask for anything more than I have. 


So here's to YOU! This is a BIG THANK YOU for being such an important part of my life. And here's why:


Mom - You are my inspiration! You have such a kind and compassionate heart, always thinking of others before yourself. And you are at least twice my age and in better shape than me! I hope I have that kind of energy when I get to your age. 


Blake - The love of my life. Teaching me to live in the moment, forgive quickly, love much, and be happy. 


Nina, Amber, Trina, Julia, Yuliya - For always being there and helping me get through it all. The good, bad, and in between. (Julia - also the best person to have a glade of red wine with!)


Hamid - Hehehe, thanks for showing me how to really live, I mean really live life. To it's fullest potential, each and every moment, let loose and enjoy life. There is never a boring time when you're around!


Kelli - The best yoga teacher ever, seriously! Thanks for teaching me to be fearless and to not take life so seriously.


Jonny - For teaching me that vulnerability can be a good thing, a strength, not a weakness.


Jane - Always kind words, empowering words to inspire and help me make it through the tough times. 


Mike - Hahahahaha, the best person to have any type of conversation with, whether it's sex, the downright nerdy stuff, or nutrition. :-)


Juliana - For showing me that I am too smart to fail, no matter where I am at. 


Grant - For teaching me that a broken heart can be a blessing in disguise. That sometimes, you can transform anger and bitterness into compassion. That forgiveness is the ultimate gift to let go of someone and set yourself free. 


Umpai - Best big sister ever, constantly pushing me to be a better version of who I already am. 


Leslie - Best uncle ever to Blake. Also - best person to cook with (yummy yogurt!). And the guy I always go to about the latest Apple news.


Martyn - Thank you for teaching me that the ability to forgive is essential to human existence.


Chet - For always being there and being honest, all the time. 


Nate - For showing me that being different is beautiful. For teaching me that I deserve nothing less than the best. 


And to all my wonderful and amazing students (Melissa, Gavi, Ophra, Natasha) - thank you for constantly teaching me about life and inspiring me through your practice. 


Namaste,
Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment