Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oil Pulling

While I was on vacation in North Carolina, I came across an article that talks about oil pulling. In a nutshell, oil pulling is the process of removing toxins from your body through the mouth. There is a ton of bacteria in your mouth and oil pulling is one way to ride your body of harmful bacteria. Most articles I have read says that oil pulling can lead to a better, glowing complexion, whiter teeth, clear sinuses, a better immune system, and healthier skin. I've been practicing this age old Ayurveda process for two days now and I've already noted some improvements. My sinuses are much clearly, my skin looks and feels better, and my teeth are getting whiter. 

I'll keep you updated on the process and its' results. 

Here's how:

Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. I do it first thing in the morning when I wake up as it's best to do it on an empty stomach. I'll usually take the dog out, get my bag ready, start breakfast, etc while I'm swishing.

After the 15-20 minutes, spit out the oil in the toliet or in a tissue (it can clog your drain), and give yourself a good brushing. 

Repeat every morning. 

So I use coconut oil for a lot of things, cooking, moisturizer, chapstick, etc. I just put a jar of it in my bathroom and it's right there from any other bathroom needs. There's also one in the kitchen to cook with! :-P

Also see: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10517/why-im-in-love-with-oil-pulling-and-why-you-should-be-too.html


No comments:

Post a Comment